Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Twas the night before... what?




Every time I think I’m done Christmas shopping for my granddaughter Layla, I find something else she absolutely has to have. I hear it is a common problem among grandmothers, so I’m not panicking over it too badly.

My latest purchase was one of the recordable storybooks. I thought if she had a book that speaks in Grandpa and Grandma’s voices, she’d be pleased. So I picked one up, then went home and told my husband Eric we had a project to work on for the baby.

“OK,” he said, not even asking what the project is.

I explained about the book and said we could take turn reading the pages. Eric agreed right away, but then added a twist.

“Can I give my pages car chases and cool blow-ups and Godzilla?” he asked.

The question stopped me in my tracks for a moment, then I figured “Why not?” Layla will have the most unique version of “Twas the Night Before Christmas” ever recorded.

We’ll work on that project this week – I’ll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment